Monday, September 22, 2008

Serenaded by Meadowlarks/Climbing Talimena Parkway

  
As we left Weatherford, we were serenaded by western meadowlarks for over 30 miles.  I was so pleased to hear the translucent call of my favorite bird for much of your ride.
(Yes, I am behind in my blog)


Here we have Jerry trying to reset his computer.  He always seems to have trouble with it in the morning.














Steve and Jerry made the climb on the Talimena Parkway to the 72 mile mark and our lunch stop. They seem to think they are more efficient with these shaved heads.  I don't think so.  My hair is staying on.  :)  We climbed 8000 feet in the last 50 miles of this ride, and it seemed the mountains would never end.  Temperatures cooled off significantly at the top of the mountains.  The scenery was fantastic.  I can say that it was one of the toughest bike rides I have ever had.  We'll see if I can recover for a 90 mile short ride tomorrow (Tuesday).




Mike Birdsong and I couldn't help ourselves at one of the rest stops.  We both climbed into this WW2 tank.  It was really fun to actually be in the tank.  












Mike Birdsong.  Great guy from Boulder CO.  Fun to get to know.  Likes the white lip look like me.  

No comments: