Monday, September 29, 2008

Last of Alabama


Can anyone identify this beautiful butterfly that landed on my pedal during the first rest stop today?

I considered it a blessing to have it share my pedal for awhile.  So fragile and so colorful.
















The Wisconsin crew leads the way in this peleton.  Steve and Jerry with John for Great Briton on the right.















Jerry Goode and the Connors on the tandem in this line.














The Connors working together on the tandem.
It was a hilly day, so they worked hard, but kept smiling.










Mark, assuming his favorite position with his favorite rice krispy.

Tomorrow we hope to go visit Jimmy Carter in Plains.
Who knows, I may get to shake the hand of one of my hero's.  Georgia here we come.

2 comments:

Peter Pillman said...

From the picture it looks like a Gulf Fritillary. That is the closest match I can think of. The question is what color its under wing was. You can see it here
http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species?l=1664

Enjoy viewing God's Creation!

tainterturtles said...

That butterfly was beautiful. Glad you are getting closer to the end of your trip. I'm sure your family is anxious to see you. Stay safe.