Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Last ride

So, last night Steve Brown and I, along with Adam and Eric, are out on our normal Tuesday night "fast ride".  We're clicking through the gears, and shifting on the seats of our "second bikes", because our main bikes have just arrived in San Deigo, according to UPS.  Well, three quarter of the way through the ride, Steve says, "this is my last ride".  My eyes bug open wide, and I look at him, curiously.  "Your last ride", I say, "sure, right".   I just can't imagine Steve having a last ride or a last ski.   He lowers his head and says, "yeah, I'm done".  I'm thinking done, what do you mean done?  We've put in over 4000 miles of training, and we have almost 3000 more to go to finish the Pac Tour.   Steve looks up, and smiles, "wanna ride to the beach on Saturday, in San Diego".   Thank God, for rest and bodies that still recover!

No comments: