Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2nd 100 mile rest day!






Entering New Mexico, we crossed the Rio Grande River and then climbed up a mountain range to the Continental 
Divide.  I remember doing the same climb with my Dad in 1965 on our way to Lubbock, Texas and a new Air Force 
Base.



















                                                                                                                                                                             
Boy, did I need these past 2 days.  I would have never ever thought that you could actually rest your legs and your body while performing a century ride, but its true, you can.  I feel 50 % better than 
I felt 2 days ago when we pushed our bikes through 30 mph winds for 11 hours.   I was completely shot, and wondering if I could get my strength back while at the same time continuing to ride such long distances.  Our bodies are 'fearfully and wonderfully made", they adapt to this stuff.



The past 3 days we have traveled through New Mexico.  The scenery has gone from desert sand on the west, mountain pines in the central, and vast grasslands on the east.   Thankfully, the past 2 days we have had winds at our back, and we have been allowed to refresh our legs for future challenges.  

No comments: